SAUGERTIES FARMERS MARKET
COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES
The Saugerties Farmers Market is planning a FOOD ONLY market in a new layout with social distancing. The market will be Safe & Secure for Grab & Go. Fresh and local farm grown food sold outdoors. Pre-orders for pickup are available (Directory, https://saugertiesfarmersmarket.com/).
The market experience will be completely different–no special events, live music, Kids Art Corner, non-profits, sponsors, cafe tables and chairs, or non-food vendors. ONLY FOOD. Every vendor’s tent separated by 10’. One monitored entry. Circles on the ground designating where customers are to stand. No socializing. Rather social distancing.
In order to ensure safe distancing, we have created one entry only. We may have to limit the number of shoppers in the market from time to time. Please be patient and follow the direction of market staff and volunteers.
These Safety Measures are for the safety of all of us. Please read through the Saugerties Farmers Market COVID-19 Safety Measures to see what you can count on from the market, what farmers/food producers will provide, and what is expected of you as a customer.
- Do not come if you are not feeling well or have been exposed recently to someone with the virus
- Consider coming later in the day when there will be fewer other customers
- Cyclists should lock their bikes at the designated bike parking area
- Pre-order for pickup if you prefer. See Directory (https://saugertiesfarmersmarket.com/).
- If you need to, request pickup from your car for prepaid orders only. “PREPAID ORDER–PICKUP ONLY” signs will be at designated parking places. To expedite your order, please bring a list of vendors from whom you ordered and give your name. A Market Assistant will come to your car to get that information and bring back the packages to your car.
- Consider designating one shopper per family to be in the market
- Wear a mask. This is required to keep all those around you safe. If you cannot wear a mask, please request a friend to shop for you or pre-order and pickup from your car.
- Maintain a 6’ distance from others. See 6’ circles on the ground.
- Hand sanitizers are available throughout the market
- Note that displays will be simplified. One of each product for clear choice. The bulk of the product will be behind the vendor. Point, ask, and shout!
- Do not pick up products. Vendors will assist you and bag products
- If you can’t find what you are looking for, ask our friendly market staff/volunteers. No problem asking from 6’ away, as we have excellent hearing!.
- Credit/debit cards for payment are preferred by many vendors
- Spend as little time in the market as possible
- Do not eat in the market. Take out food to go.
- Provide pre-ordering capability if at all possible.
- If possible, advise customers of preference for credit/debit cards so you do not have to handle cash.
- When accepting a credit/debit card, hold out the card reader and ask the customer to insert and remove the card. No contact needed.
- When accepting cash, be prepared to handle it with care. If you have a second person with you, we recommend one person handle food and the other handle cash and credit transactions.
- Request customers to put money or SNAP tokens in a cup, bag, box or other container. Ask for exact change whenever possible.
- Do not come if you are not feeling well or have been exposed to someone with the virus recently. Advise the Market Manager by Wednesday of each week if you cannot come.
- Wear a mask and gloves
- Use vinyl/plastic table covers or no cover for easy and frequent sanitizing
- Simplify your display. Display one of each product for clear customer choice. Keep the bulk of products behind you
- Only vendors/staff will handle products. Pre-bag, pre-wrap, pre-package.
- Wipe down tables, terminals, cash boxes frequently with your own hand sanitizer
- Provide hand sanitizer at your table for customers as they are making exchanges with you and will need it
- No sampling, on-site cutting or slicing of product; no chef demos
Safety Measures, May 28, 2020